This digital marketing internship position is a chance to see what it’s like to get in front of clients and produce real marketing deliverables with an incredible opportunity for your résumé and portfolio, plus receive one-on-one mentorship along the way.
There’s no time for “busy work” here. Much of the internship will be focused on digital marketing content management. On a weekly basis, you’ll be managing Thrive’s brand and online content. You’ll have the opportunity to assist in creating marketing plans and managing projects. The nature of the projects allows you to work both remotely and from our downtown Evansville coworking space.
Benefits of a digital marketing internship with Thrive Marketing Strategies:
- Access to a network of small business owners, entrepreneurs, consultants, etc.
- Opportunity to work alongside entrepreneurs in the Evansville area
- Professional skills development, résumé building and portfolio pieces
- Opportunities for internship extension and unlimited ability to gain new skills
- Career mentorship and letters of recommendation
- 12-15 hours per week
- 4 month duration
- Eager to learn
- Detail oriented
- Strong writer
- Ability to adapt
- Intuitive nature
Responsibilities (subject to change):
- Work with Marketing Project Manager to refine content strategy and best practices (write, curate and schedule content for blog posts, email sends and social posts)
- Supports our clients’ and Thrive’s mission and brand in all that you do
- Supporting Thrive team, especially Marketing Project Manager, on daily tasks for clients—can include strategy and creative idea generation as well as data entry, research, etc.
- Review and edit creative/production materials, copy and designs
- Manage social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) and editorial calendars to ensure content is timely, relevant and engaging
- Build community engagement with customers and influencers
- Offer creative insight to projects and demonstrate an eagerness to learn
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Attend scheduled weekly (or bi-weekly) meetings with Marketing Project Manager and/or Principal Marketing Strategist
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing and updating as needed
- Brand Management: Plan, develop and direct marketing efforts to increase value and performance of Thrive/clients’ brand
- Assist in business development / marketing strategy
- An often flexible schedule, in which 90% of the job is remote work.
- Once a week (or bi-weekly), work from a fun, creative coworking office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your marketing career? Contact Thrive today to submit your interest and learn more about getting started.